Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Close to Closed: I think about my other Clothes

Regarding all that we've created is strange for me.
Over the past year and a half, we've made this band, we've made this music, we've acquiesced people who enjoy this music, we've realized that we have a lot of work to do to be where we'd like to be. Still, there's this idea of success that tickles us under all the other brainstuff that's on top of our minds most of the hours of the day, and it's not going to go away.
My friend Julie Chase who is living in LA and going to school for music production came to the Norva for a visit this past week, and we were speaking about how while this life style is a lot of work, in most cases INPUT=OUTPUT if one makes sure to employ a constant introspection.

I am looking to tackle these next six months with a vigor that could be likened to the vigor of a TIGER or a LION or some kind of large beast of ye olde–if they were in a six month long food-eating contest involving antelopes and zebras, and the winner at the end would have the dream of their hearts of hearts. Which I suppose for them would be to eat more antelopes and zebras, but wouldn't they be tired of those at that point? Maybe they'd grow a taste for hippos and water buffalo.

Regardless, that is a perfect analogy for how I will become a better musician and body and person and soul.

I am entirely too silly and when the Ike-bros begin to write for this perhaps they will encourage me to be more tasteful and mindful of the world, even though I do write about African cuisine.

Holler,

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment