Sunday, July 11, 2010

Goodbye Sandy

These are the lyrics to a song-in-the-works and it is definitely regarding all of my friends.

Goodbye Sandy


I see you all smiling strange
as the day is fading into dark
I try my best to rearrange
the sorrows in my head
concerned with your departures
for
blank apartments
that will store
your belongings
but it might take awhile to feel like you belong there

I see you smiling strange
as the day is fading I’ll rearrange
these moments so fleeting in my mind they’re bleeding
into one another soon you’ll have to
leave from these couches and close all the doors
give back the keys that are not yours
murmur your goodbyes and please say them slowly
I know already you’re trying to leave
you gave me your address you gave me your number
you’ll give me your absence and I hope you fill it soon

No comments:

Post a Comment